Monday, February 18, 2013

2/11 GAME DAY!

Last Monday in Concept Development class, we played a lot of games to learn the meanings, game play, and concepts behind each game. The two games I played were tarot and Catchphrase. These two games were completely different from each other.The first game I played, tarot, was a fortune telling game where cards revealed either right side up or upside down and change one's fate. Although it is not a board game that is sold at all stores for children, it is a great way to play a game from older times. The concept for this game is to predict one's future.
The second game I played was Catchphrase, where teams of two would play a game of hot potato trying to give hints of the selected word they had on the disc. If the partner guessed the word, the disc was passed onto the opposing team for them to try passing it back before the timer ended. This game's concept merges the old concept of hot potato and a word guessing game.

No comments:

Post a Comment