Sunday, February 24, 2013

2/18 Presentations Pt 1

  On Monday, Concept Development presented the first wave of game concept ideas. The presented ideas were interesting as some of the games had similar concepts to already created games. Many of the people in my class, myself included, had trouble during the presentation. There were many difficulties in presenting the idea to the class because of unprepared speeches or stage fright. However, we all needed work because we had some good ideas, but needed to solidify our game concepts.
  My game was a trouble trying to explain because it was a card game with similar game mechanics with popular trading card games. People who were unfamiliar with the game mechanics were ultimately confused and my game idea was shut down. Understanding that I had to relate to the audience, I redesigned my game to have simpler rules to understand. I used the game's mechanics, but reduced the concept to be easier to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment