Sunday, February 10, 2013

2/4 Defining the Designer. Freedom from the Fence

On Monday, the Concept Development class were split into four groups to discuss Defining the Designer of 2015. http://www.aiga.org/designer-of-2015/
We discussed thirteen questions mentioned on the website that talked about was expected from a designer in the future. I related to all these projects from a previous class, which was Letterform. Many people in my group were in the class, so I used my previous experience to discuss these questions to them. They instantly were able to understand my experiences until our professor Jimmy told me i had to stop contributing for the whole group and let them talk more.
Afterward, the class watched a film called Freedom from the Fence. This film discussed about Polish designers who kept their culture when they had to design posters for American films. Their posters were dreary looking, as if they were creepy or scary movies. I will not question their culture, as i can relate to how some movies that go internationally usually have the movie poster changed to adapt to certain cultures.

No comments:

Post a Comment