Tuesday, January 29, 2013

1/29 Creative Process

In Concept Development class yesterday, we discussed about the creative process. We watched Paula Scher and Elizabeth Gilbert's creative process. I found it funny when Elizabeth talked about how her creative process came from a divine wind or being that would bring ideas with it. I wish there really was this divine being because it would help me finish my projects much faster. Anyways, at the end of class, our professor wanted us to blog about four questions talking about our own creative process. So this is how inside Sunny Cheng's creative process looks like:

Have you experienced your own or other people's fear-based reactions to your creative education and career choices?
-Fear based reactions, no I have not. surprised was what I got because everyone in my family assumed I was copying my sister's major. What they didn't know is that I was her idea generator for majority of her projects. 
How have you successfully overcome these reactions?
-My effort and projects speak for themselves. Although the projects I helped out have my sister's name on them, my own projects I generate have shocked some of my relatives to realize I can match my sister's creative mind...or even surpass her.
What is your concept of your creative process?
-"Keeping it stylish" is the quote that always goes through my head because it is from my favorite video game character's quote. When I think of a concept, I try to put a stylistic quality into all my work.
How do you approach creating, making?
-Whenever I get a new project to work on, I scout the internet for a basic idea on some concepts, like the "bread and butter." After I get an understanding on how to start approaching the topic, I mass manufacture sketches on a large drawing pad . From my old Letterform class, the best ideas come to me when i literally start running out. There is never a time which you run out of ideas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment