On Wednesday in Concept development class, the class learned about visual literacy. Visual literacy is being able to read an image that tells a story or has a meaning behind it. The most recognizable image was an image of president Barack Obama with his face painted white, dark eye liner, and a bloody looking mouth with the edges sewn together. At first, I recognized this as the Joker from the series "Batman," and then realized who was underneath the make-up. The image i thought was really cruel and felt bad that i did not realize who was defiled on the image.
Afterwards, we had an assignment titled"My life as a Graphic Novel: How I Made it to College." This assignment was to take the most important events that had led up to why each person chose CSULA as their college. This assignment was challenging, but really fun at the same time. after class, Jimmy assigned another version of this assignment, but in color. This means I have more time to put detail and thought compared to in class. I can't wait to turn in my new version of this project on next week Monday.
No comments:
Post a Comment